How to Fix: Google Search Engine Not Working in Chrome
This is an easy one.
- Click on the tab in the upper right hand corner that lets you go to your Chrome settings.
- Click on “Settings”.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on “Show advanced settings…”.
- Under “Privacy”, click on “Clear browsing data…”.
- The following four items should have checkmarks:
- Clear browsing history
- Clear downloaded history
- Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data
- Empty the cache
The following four items should not have a checkmark in them (unless you want to clear this information too):
- Clear saved passwords
- Clear saved Autofill form data
- Clear data from hosted apps
- Deauthorize content licenses
This should fix it, especially if the problem has just started recently. If it doesn’t do the trick, please say so in the comments.