I read this book quite a while ago, but I wanted to make sure to include it here, as it is one of my favourites. It follows the story of four generations of Chinese women. “Oh, but I’m not really interested in China”, I hear you say. Doesn’t matter. Are you interested in a heartwrenching tale of the power of women? Do you want to hear the stories of people living through a forgotten (by many) era of history? Do you want to feel drawn in to the scenes, as if you were living at a different time and place? No? Well, then don’t read this book, see if I care!
Leader & Coach
Subscribe to Shaney Crawford dotcom
- Admit it. You are wrong.
- Your Inner Voice has the Power to Change the World
- You are (Probably) Terrible at Giving Advice
- The Uncomfortable Art of Letting Go
- Self-Pity is the Enemy of Integrity
- I asked ChatGPT to Analyse My Writing
- Living in a Fantasy World Where Dishes Do Themselves
- Staying Open, Humble, and Teachable
- Naming Your Feelings
- Starting with a Vision and a Timeframe, not a Resolution
addiction advice AI anxiety artificial intelligence authenticity change ChatGPT clarity climate change coaching commitment distraction diversity education email fear feelings food addiction friendship guns ideas imposter insecurity integrity judgement justice leadership letting go living in reality love peace perfectionism procrastination questions racism right-sizing self-pity serenity sexism simplicity values weight loss wellbeing workaholism