How to Get Your Android Phone Out of Safe Mode

One of my friends suddenly found that her phone had put itself in “safe mode”. She had no idea how she had done it and no idea how to get it out of that mode. After looking around on the internet, I found a solution that worked for her.

1. Turn the phone off.
  2. Turn it back on and hold the “up” volume button.

Pretty easy, but it seemed to work for her.

Hope this helps!

This entry was posted in Android, Gadgets, How To. Bookmark the permalink.

832 Responses to How to Get Your Android Phone Out of Safe Mode

1. s. McBride says:

Thank you soon much this worked. I dropped my phone in the water. Safe mode came on and I tried many things to get it to turn off. My apps wouldn’t work till it was off. Powered down and then when it went to repower itself, as it does in safe mode I held the ,”up” button on the volume then released to let it finish. It powred back on and reset my apps.THANK YOU.

2. Pingback: how do i get out of safe mode on htc desire s? | DL-UAT

3. Braydon says:

hasn’t worked………… Please help meeeeeee

4. D says:

Hey! Thanks so much! Your “out of safe mode”solution worked for me! Simple!

THANKS!
    D

5. Thanks it worked :-)

6. Mabel says:

Aaah, thank you! This happened to me and I could not figure out why. But now it’s back and all my apps that disappeared are back too. :D

7. Thank you so much we had no idea how to get out of safe mode and nothing was seeming to work, I really honestly appreciate the help! :)

8. Thanks says:

The 2 steps to get rid of safe mode worked on my phone as well. Thank you.

Turn the phone off.
    Turn it back on and hold the “up” volume button.

9. Michelle Shie says:

before the home screen appears

10. B says:

Thank you so much! It worked for me. On my screen it said “Exiting restricted mode”.

11. victoriya says:

I have tried everything ! I reset my whole phone..I Did the power button with the volume button but the sage mode is still there it will not go away plz help

12. Belle says:

This really help me..thank you very much..you don’t know how grateful I am..million thanx xoxo

13. Jan says:

Thanks, I had no idea so many people had this “safe mode” problem….your simple “off/on +volume worked for me….

14. Sara says:

Helppp please this did NOT work do I hold it or keep clicking it. I have no clue how to get out if this I held the up on the volume Burton when I was turning it back on but nothing happened when it actually did turn on

15. vicki says:

That worked! shutting off and turning the phone back on and holding the ‘up’ button volume.
    Thanks

16. Kathy Scott says:

What is the safe mode ? why does the phone go in that?

17. Amy says:

I tried this several times with my son’s phone with no luck. Then thought what if I pulled the battery and then tried it? So I took the battery out, then powered on and held the volume up button and wah-lah! Safe mode gone. Thank you!

18. Kristi says:

Thank you! My phone goes into safe mode all the time. Usually if I turn it off, take out the battery for a minute and start over it’ll work, but it didn’t work this time. Doing the “volume up” trick did.

19. Margaret says:

I’ve tried everything including 2+ hours on the phone with tracfone and I can’t get it to go away! They even sent me a new one and guess what it’s in safe mode!

20. That safe mode was driving me nuts…your solution worked…thanks so much!!

21. Renee Helsel says:

Thanks omg this helped so much missing my craigslist app.

22. nips says:

its not working on my phone.. i’ve tried every possible actions but my phone is still on safe mode.. its so damn annoying..

23. Trish says:

It worked thank you!!!

24. tylersharp says:

This trick did not work what works is turning your phone all the way off take the batery out and leve it out for 20 to 30 mins and then put it back in your phone and start it up then boom I out of safe mode. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. tammy says:

it actually worked.

26. Adediran David says:

Thanks a lot, it really worked.

27. rhovic says:

thnx … wow!!!

28. Janet says:

Hi there, thanks so much for your post and some of the helpful comments here. I read all the comments., 90% of them are positive, a lot of thankful participants here. For those who can’t do what I did because time does not permit, I run 4 blogs myself – inspirational and natural health. This post has the best participation and results I have seen on the Net ever!

My son and I updated to a Nokia Lumnia 640. Everything is running smoothly like clockwork on his and I have had so many interruptions on mine, even when I am not using it – quite annoying!

I have been interrupted by pesky windows Update notitifications I have managed to switch off and my phone still kept switching itself off then on again………right in the middle of a text several times I was making (then it was lost) and you guessed it, during some calls as well.

I was ready to go to the store to get them to adjust the settings when I thought I would make a quick google search and found this post. I’m tired now and want to call it a night but I intend to try the advice I’ve found here. I shall give you a summary of the most helpful tips I read here that are reported to work with or without this solution – mostly with.

PS I run 6 websites these days – because I enjoy it obviously – but I do like a mobile just to be a phone (for text and calls) Why did they have to complicate things with frequent Microsoft updates and Flight Mode? That’s what they call Safe Mode on the Nokia Mobiles. Fortunately, I noticed the aeroplane emblem for a split second when the phone switched on again, a few times. That gave me a hint what to look for.

29. Ethan says:

Works excellent. Thanks now I can listen to Spotify

30. appreciative says:

Thanks! Worked on my daughter’s phone. No idea of how her phone got on safe mode, but I couldn’t get it out of safe mode til I tried this and it worked! Super Yay! Thanks so much for posting this!

31. jan says:

Thank you – I was absolutely stumped. No idea why Galaxy Core Prime suddenly went into Telstra safe mode – thanks to your lateral thinking it’s now back to normal! Panic over!

32. Chris. Culpepper says:

Does anyone know how to eliminate the message “unfortunately your e-mail has stopped working “on android. Phone?